Saturday, November 7, 2009

Full Day of Knitting

I woke up this morning at 10:00 am and began my new weekend morning routine; stumble out of bed, put on a pot of coffee, find something entertaining on TV and begin knitting. Today was exceptionally productive. I finished a scarf and hat set for an 18 month old (disgustingly cute!), and then made a hat for her father. I also perused my favorite yarn store in Seattle with a good friend of mine who is just getting into knitting.

This evening, while working on the above mentioned projects and teaching my friend some techniques, something happened that totally made my day. My friend's mom stopped by for a visit and saw one of my designs. She absolutely loved it and spent the next half hour gushing over it. It was so nice to receive such genuinely enthusiastic praise for one of my creations.

I am getting so excited about launching Eterknitty Designs. I have gotten so much support from my friends and family, and from my customers. Looking over my project log today, I realized that I have been asked to make 16 projects since 10/24/09. It is so heartwarming that people want to own my creations.

I am currently working on creating my logo, which I hope to unveil soon. I will also be posting some photos of my work on the site over the next couple of weeks. Before I can do that though, I need to get some volunteers to model for me. I would love some photos of everyday people wearing my designs so that I can include them on the site. If you are interested, please email me.

I think it is time to give the hands a break for a while. Off to bed with me.

Warmest wishes,
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment